The lab is traveling en masse to the Society for the Neurobiology of Language, Chicago, October 15-17, where we have these 5 presentations:
- (Drew Trotter, Karthik Durvasula, Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck, Matthew Whelpton, Joan Maling & Alan Beretta): ‘Vikings who can gulp down beer mugs, cook bean cans, and slurp wine glasses: An ERP study of ambiguous heads in complex Icelandic words’
- (Alicia Parrish, Joe Jalbert, & Alan Beretta): ‘Head commitment and plausibility in English noun-noun compounds'
- (Joe Jalbert, Tyler Roberts, & Alan Beretta): ‘ERP effects of expectation and task attenuation on head reassignment in German compounds’
- (Patrick Kelley, Karthik Durvasula, & Alan Beretta): ‘Differentiating types of grammatical illusions: a closer look at Escher sentences’
- (Karthik Durvasula, Drew Trotter, & Alan Beretta): ‘Voicing under-specification in English fricatives’